So you’ve booked your Boudoir Shoot and now have the nervous/excited wait! Here are some tips to help you prepare and get the best from your Photography session:
- Bring some clothes and accessories. Nice underwear is important (three different choices is ideal) and high heels always look great even if you can’t walk in them!
- If any of your outfits have visible labels, please cut them off before hand.
- Pick outfits for your shape and try them on beforehand, flattering underwear can make you look and feel amazing. If you are self-conscious about your tummy a baby-doll, Basque or bodysuit may be a good choice.
- Choose a bra that makes your cleavage look great!
- Try on stockings if you plan to wear them, they vary greatly in size and length, if they are cutting into your thigh, go a size up or try ‘suspender tights’ which are a flattering alternative.
- Wear loose clothes/underwear on the day so you aren’t left with any marks on your skin from elastic.
- Be as imaginative as you like with props, if you have props or accessories you would like to bring to the shoot (guitars, footballs, bike helmets and poker chips have all been in recently so be as imaginative as you like!) bring them along.
- If you have seen any boudoir/pin-up pictures you like or hair/make-up styles you fancy, bring some pictures along. If not, don’t worry, your hair and make-up artist and photographer will have ideas for you.
- It is entirely up to you how clothed/naked you choose to be during the shoot, some ladies prefer to be covered up and others are happy to go for a full artistic nude. Just let me know your preference and I will photograph you in the most flattering way.
- If you need to wax or apply fake tan please do this a few days before your shoot. Waxing can leave you with red marks which are not easy to airbrush out, neither is a streaky tan!
- Please arrive with your hair washed, dried and ready to be styled.
- Hair and make-up usually takes up to an hour and your shoot can take up to an hour so please allow yourself 2 hours.
- Make plans for the evening if you can…. you will have your hair and make up professionally done and you will be feeling great… so get out there and celebrate how great you are!
Most importantly just relax and enjoy yourself, it is great chance to look great, treat yourself and have your experience captured on camera. Yes you will be nervous beforehand ….. but I promise you will find the shoot to be a great confidence boost. I will light you and guide you through poses to suit your figure so that you look and feel your very best!