In general potential buyers/renters want to see a tidy, clutter free, welcoming space that they can imagine themselves living in. Here are a few tips to help make your property photography appealing:
- Kitchen – clear all worktops, draining boards etc, hide any washing up items etc you would usually have out. Hide bins if possible. If you have a dining table you may want to set it or put out a fruit bowl/vase of flowers/coffee pot and cakes out. Make sure all chairs are pushed in.
- Living areas – hide all clutter and remote controls, clear surfaces apart from a few decorative items, if you have family photos up, you may want to take these down/replace with other art. Hide any visible cables where possible.
- Bedrooms – Make all beds as crease free as possible, clear surfaces/cables etc. Some folded towels/blankets on bed can make it more welcoming.
- Bathrooms – put down toilet seat, hide any toiletries and bins, fold towels and make sure mirrors/glass are as clean/streak-free as possible
- Outside – hide any toys/items lying around except seating/tables, move any cars from driveway if possible.
If you are based around Dundee, Fife or Perthshire and would like photos of your property, please get in touch.